Monday, October 5, 2009

Paris as my Muse

I have decided that Paris is my Muse. I am in love with the city. For exactly 54 hours I spent the most beautiful weekend that included such an array of scents and senses.

The streets called my name as I left my little hotel tucked behind the Madeleine. I found myself on Rue de Rivoli where the throngs of fashionistas were running from tent to tent. Bill Cunningham walked by trying to be invisible but I had to call out and say hello.
I found myself as a guest at the Petit Palais opening of Vernissage “Horses of Qatar, The Legend of Al Shaquab”.
Sheikha Mayassa, the daughter of the Emir, and I got to say hello between her interviews and press reception.
Sunday was the Baptism of Cecilia Fekkai at Eglise Saint Sulpice followed by lunch at Jules Verne which started at 1pm and finished at 5pm. I met my friend Tony for dinner at 8.30 at a little italian bistro called le Cherche Midi on the street of the same name and after dinner I walked back to the Eiffel Tower to take my midnight shot.
I woke up to rain on Monday but that didn't stop me. I trudged over to Rue du Dragon and got soaking wet and then circled back to the hotel after lunch at Cafe Flor. The taxi was waiting for me so I quickly changed into a dry outfit and it was bye bye Paris, hello Roissy.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Julie, I am not often envious of other peoples life but with the HSC on the door step for madison and a cold windy day in Sydney your Paris shots and your happy face make me a little green. enjoy Sally ann