Thursday, August 12, 2010

Jimmy Buffett rocks Gulf Shores


While every one is crying about what is going on in the gulf, one man did something to stop the complaining. While 45 thousand people came to hear Jimmy Buffett as he performed on the beach at Gulf Shores no one was feeling any pain. Certainly it is terrible what has happened but what about finding some ways to stimulate the economy for the locals. That is what Jimmy set out to do by bringing in the much needed tourists with a free beach party in the place where he spent part of his youth. After the rehearsals on Saturday afternoon I headed over to LuLu's for dinner. The place was packed. Ilo had just finished singing and people were in good spirits.
I have always dreamed of going on the road with a rock band and I certainly jumped when I got the call asking me if I would like to cover the gig. The crew took good care of me as I ran all over the place with 3 cameras wrapped around my neck. They made room for me on the risers and allowed me on the side of the stage.
What a thrill to look out and see an ocean of people.
Security was tight and it was amazing arriving and leaving with a motorcade of Alabama's finest police.
Yes I am now a groupie! Fins to the left!!!!!!