Friday, October 6, 2017

Jacinda Bayne Exhibit in NY, MERGING LANDSCAPES

Last night I was thrilled to get to attend the opening of Jacinda Bayne's Merging Landscapes at the Anderson Contemporary Gallery located at 180 Maiden Lane in lower Manhattan.
I live up town so I always feel like I am visiting another city when I venture down to the Wall Street area.
By 6.30 pm the crowds had left and the streets were calm as I wove my way down Maiden Lane.
I was so excited to see Jacinda again. We met last Saturday when she came to visit me in my studio with her husband Murray and their 2 year old Riley. Connected by one of my friends from when I was not much old than Riley, Jacinda is one of those people you just want to spend time getting to know. She loves her family and she loves her art. Throw in being raised by eccentric parents in New Zealand and a passion for travel there is a lot to know about this dynamic blond who also manages to keep in shape not just by doing spin classes in Freemantle Australia, she also teaches the classes several times a week.
"You know Julie as an Artist I need to get out of my studio and be social. Teaching spin is great cause it combines meeting new people and staying in shape".
Last nights opening was beautiful. I met many Australians, some who have lived here for years, others that were just passing through. Murray's mother had flown in from Scotland so it was a family affair.
Jacinda has some paintings of bridges. While I think of them as things that connect us she wants to remind us to pause in the middle and observe our surroundings. What ever you think I say cross a bridge, take a tunnel or hop on a ferry..... or what ever you need to do to get there and take a moment to enjoy some art.
So if you have a chance take a journey downtown and visit this space. It is in the lobby of 180 Maiden Lane so just ask to be pointed in the right direction when you get there.
To see more of Jacinda's work click on www.jacindabayneartist.com
For info on Anderson Contemporary click on www.andersoncontemporary.com




No comments: