Saturday, November 6, 2010

Barbara Carroll The Woman of Jazz


Behind every photo there is a story and often times many people to thank.
Firstly Lisa Schiff who introduced me to Barbara 10 years ago when she hired me to take publicity shots for Barbara.
Next I have to thanks Kim Hick. I knew I needed a gown worthy of the woman and so I emailed Kim and tracked her down in Paris where she was showing her line of extraordinary handmade couture designs. She agreed to let me borrow one for the photo shoot. Many thanks to Thelma my trusted second shooter and when needed my assistant extrodinare who is always calm and collected and keeps me organised and finally to Barbara who is such an inspiration as mother, jazz pianist, cabaret artist and so much more. I will see you at the Algonquin. xox

No comments: