Saturday, March 9, 2013

Travels with my iPhone Bali March 2013


I am sitting in the living room of my friend Samantha Cotterell in Doha.
I have landed here for 4 days after a week in Bali.
The sun is pouring in the window.
I look around and see myself surrounded by the objects collected on her travels around the world.
There are books, beads, puppets, chests, pillows, candles, sculptures, painting, strings of beads, rugs, furniture, lamps, a carved chess set, a wooden horse.
I am not a collector of things but I am a collector of images.
While some people bring home physical souvenirs from their travels I find myself bringing home an iphone full of photos that touch the textures and feelings that I have had on my journey.
Do not be fooled, I do pick up the odd shell or pebble and I love to find the perfect wooden spoon.
My space is limited both in my always carry on luggage only and in the place I call home in NY.

No comments: