Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The New York Botanical Garden’s Annual Winter Wonderland Ball presented by Etro and Saks Fifth Ave

Last Friday was The New York Botanical Garden’s Annual Winter Wonderland Ball presented by Etro and Saks Fifth Ave out in the Bronx. With the snow falling and the temperature dropping to below freezing a brave 500 black tie, and glamours gowned guests found their way to the Bronx for a wonderful evening that raised over $300,000 for the NYBG Children's Education Program. To learn more about NYGB please click this NYBG LINK
As always I jumped on Metro North and enjoyed an empty train and no hassles on the quick 30 minute ride. Wearing snow boots it was an adventure tracking through the snow up to the Enid A. Haupt Conservatory. Some of the guests didn't have it quite so easily. Traffic from the city was bad and the drive took up to 2 hours for some.
The first to arrive was Georgina Bloomberg and I was so excited to see her with Lili and Howard Buffett who I have not seen since I photographed their wedding in Omaha a few years ago.
It is always fun running into Charles Rockefeller who I had to remind still had a bag sitting in my closet that he left by mistake when he had come for a dinner celebration a while back. Gillian Hearst looked beautiful as always and her husband hamed it up for the camera. It was really great to see Alexandra Lebenthal and her family there. As always she and her charming husband gave me a Diamond dip on the dance floor much to my happiness. She says now that here daughter has started to attend the event it is time to stop attending but I say why not one more year!!!
I had so much fun photographing the dancing and the guests really had a great time. It was fun to see Zack Thain and his lovely girlfriend Karly Fitzgerald.
To view all my photos please visit EVENT PHOTO LINK










No comments: