Tuesday, March 10, 2009

School of American Ballet Winter Gala 3/09/09





Last night was the School of American Ballet Winter Gala. I arrived at 6.45pm only to discover I was late. So much for the 7pm call time. It seems the people at the School of American Ballet like to be early. The guests arrived in droves and happily sipped on cocktails. When it was time to go up stairs I made a wild dash to beat the crowd so that I could take a photo of the space. Glorious Food served the dinner that started with Salmon Napoleon, followed by Lamb Stew and ended with a heavenly Chocolate Cake. Thanks to the School staff who found me a seat. After dinner we were graced with a performance by students. It was so beautiful to see all the children on stage. Sarah Jessica Parker lead the list of stars that attended and I am happy to report that they raised over $700,000. That makes it their most successful Gala to date.