Thursday, September 22, 2011

La Grenouille NYC

Yesterday was the first day of fall as I was reminded by Charles at La Grenouille.
I was there at lunch time to photograph a private party.
After a very long taxi ride through the crazy streets of Manhattan I arrived at the tranquil haven on 52nd St where the flowers always make me feel like I am in a country home far from the city.
There were roses on the tables but my favorite were the lilies hidden in corners to be found like a treasure hunt as I explored the space. Every nook and cranny has something to inspire me.
This lilly was in a vase upstairs near the piano and I had to take a moment to capture it. It's colors seemed to signal the end of summer to me.
The guests lunched on chilled cucumber soup, fresh delicious salmon on a bed of lentils and an apple sorbet for desert with a surprise of lemon curd in the bottom of the glass.
It was light and perfect for the guests who had to venture back to their offices and the traffic that they had forgotten about during the precious time they had spent eating wonderful food in such special surroundings.


Here is the link to the website for more info La Grenouille



No comments: