Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Apollo turns 75

Last night there was a little confusion when I arrived at the Apollo Theater as to where and what I could photograph. Luckily for me Alexis my amazing editor at Town & Country made a call and I was given a pass to avoid the crush in the pit where many of the photographers were waiting for the red carpet. I mostly stayed inside and caught the guests who came in the front door. Hosted by comedian, actor and radio personality Steve Harvey, the gala celebrated the induction of Quincy Jones and Patti LaBelle into the Apollo Legends Hall of Fame. They were presented with their awards by Jamie Foxx and Mariah Carey. The audience was thrilled when Prince made a surprise visit to introduce Mariah.
Afterwards the guests headed into the tent designed by that amazing talent David Monn who was was looking fabulous himself in his multi colored blazer.




No comments: